Montag, 8. Juli 2013

Fazit USA - That was the US

Ich hab euch ja versprochen immer einigermassen nach zu zeichnen, wo ich genau langgefahren bin. Das bin ich euch fuer die USA noch schuldig. Also fangen wir an!

I promised you somewhere that I show you, where I rode my bike. I still own you the last part of the US, so lets get started.

... oder auch nicht. Nachdem ich gut 45 Minuten verbracht habe jeden einzelnen Kilometer minuzioes einzugeben, am Ende waren es 150 Wegpunkte, hat das Speichern nicht geklappt und alles war futsch. Daher hier nur eine etwas groebere Skizze.

... or not. After 45 minutes of working out every single kilometer (thats something like a measurement for distance in old europe chap) and sidestreet, including over 150 single coordinates, saving the hole thing failed. And everything was gone. Therefore a slightly easier version.



Ich merke jetzt erst, dass ich auf dem "Screaming Eagles Highway" (Kreischender oder schreiender Adler Highway) gefahren bin. Irgendwie habe ich das Gefuehl jetzt ein bisschen amerikanischer zu sein. Besonders da mein Name Adlertoeter bedeutet. Das macht den Strassennamen noch etwas lustiger als er eh schon ist.

I noticed I rode over the "Screaming Eagles Highway". Now I feel twice as manly. And american. Fun fact: My name means Eagle killer in old german. That gives the name a new twist.

Ein abschliessendes Fazit zu den USA waere jetzt angebracht, aber nicht bevor ich mich nochmal bei allen bedanke, die mir meine Reise durch die USA auf dem ein oder anderen Weg versuesst haben.

A final conclusion for the US seems to be appropriate. But before that, a final thanks to all those who supported me on my way.

Thank you Barry und Janet. I really enjoyed my stay and all the food you offered me. Thanks also for the guided tour trough Arcata.

Thanks to Dave und Mel. I really appreciated your spontaneaus offer and your insightful conversations, that won't be forgotten.

A big thanks to Kate and her roommates, for keeping and nurturing me for so long. Especially the part where you guided me through town.

Thanks also to Vanessa und Uri who hosted me on short notice. Its a shame that we didn't met again.

Thanks Ben for hosting me so late. A shower is twice as warm, if you come out of the cold.

Thank you Justin for hosting me on the day before your exams. I hope everything went well!

A big thanks to Nate und Alexander. Thanks for picking me up. I really enjoyed my stay.

Thanks James for hosting me on a day before you have to get up that early.

Danke an Martha und Kay, dafuer dass sie mich eine ganze Woche ausgehalten haben ;) Danke auch fuer die vielen tollen Sachen die ihr mit mir unternommen habt.

And at the very end: Thanks Frank for picking me up on the street. I won't forget the princess bed so soon. But I will miss your company far more ;)


Ein schoenes Land, eine Architektur die man verzeihen kann, unglaublich gastfreundschaftliche Menschen, tolles Wetter und Straende, in solchen Gedanken schwelgte ich, als ich mit dem Taxi zum Flughafen fuhr. Dort angekommen wollte der Taxifahrer etwas mehr als vereinbart. Ein netter Hinweis, dass es zum Flughafen doch einen Festpreis gibt, nahm er dankend entgegen. Da war was. Keine drei Meter weiter durfte man 5$ fuer den Trolli loehnen. Und direkt im Anschluss durfte ich Gebuehren fuers Einchecken und fuers Paket bezahlen. Ihr wisst schon, dass das 5 Tage zu spaet ankommen werden wird. Kaum quetschte ich mich ins Flugzeug, war meine ganze sentimentale Stimmung, dieses tolle Land verlassen zu muessen, wieder verflogen. Naja. Kein Land ist perfekt. Ausser Kanada vielleicht.

Nice landscape, an architecture that I can forgive, unbelievable hospitality, nice weather and beaches, ... those where the thoughts I had, siting in the cap to the airport. After arriving there the driver demanded a little bit more, but after my nice hint that there is a fixed price to the airport solved the problem. Three meters further they wanted 5$ for trolley. In directly afterwards I had to pay for checking in and my baggage. Remember? The one that came 5 days late. Right after I squeezed myself in the plane my hole sentimal mood, that I have to leave this great country, was gone. Well, no country is perfect. Besides canada maybe.


Am Schluss sollte etwas Gutes stehen, von daher: Die Kekse waren gut!

At the end I feel, that I have to say something nice. Your cookies are damn good!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen